Dit kwam ik tegen op internet…
Je kunt niet vaak genoeg lezen waar yoga allemaal goed voor is en… wees gewaarschuwd je loop een aanzienlijk risico heel gelukkig te worden:)
Warning: Yoga has been known to cause health and happiness.
What are the benefits to taking yoga classes?
1. STRESS RELIEF: Reducing harmful effects of overworked stress hormones including cortisol, which decrease the responsiveness of our immune system and increase blood sugar levels as well as blood pressure and heart rate. Related benefits include lowering blood pressure and heart rate, improving digestion and boosting the immune system as well as easing anxiety, depression, fatigue, asthma, and insomnia.
2. PAIN RELIEF: Practicing asanas (postures), meditation, or a combination of the two, reduces pain for people with cancer, multiple sclerosis, autoimmune diseases, and hypertension as well as arthritis, back and neck pain, and other chronic conditions.
3. BETTER BREATHING: Taking slower, deeper breaths helps to improve lung function and triggers the body’s relaxation response.
4. FLEXIBILITY: Improves mobility by increasing range of movement.
5. INCREASED STRENGTH: Postures use every muscle in the body, helping to increase strength thus relieving muscular tension.
6. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: Reducing cortisol levels helps burn excess calories and reduces stress. Practicing yoga encourages healthy eating and provides a heightened sense of well-being and self-esteem.
7. IMPROVED CIRCULATION: Because of various poses, yoga helps move oxygenated blood to the body’s cells more efficiently.
8. CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONING: Lowers resting heart rate, increases endurance, and improves oxygen uptake during exercise.
9. BETTER BODY ALIGNMENT: Improves body alignment, resulting in better posture, helping to relieve back, neck, joint, and muscle problems.
10. FOCUS ON THE PRESENT: Yoga is about focusing on the present, becoming more aware, and creating mind/body health.
Warning: Yoga has been know to cause health and happiness.